more than 189 students
graduated in the DMT Postgraduate diploma
DMT Postgraduate diploma
12ª Edition. Curso 2017/18
Due to the growing demand to learn more about DMT (Dance Movement Therapy), this postgraduate diploma was created in 2006: The fundamental objective of the programme is to offer a wide introduction about DMT for professionals from the fields of psychology, education, social work, occupational therapy, dance and movement teachers, and others.
The course does not offer a training in DMT as such, but a broad introduction about its application and some of its techniques and tools. Without doing any clinical practice and supervision, the professionals who undertake this course can learn some of DMT tools and integrate them for their professional and private demands.
The postgraduate diploma is adapted to the new system of European Credits (ECTS) with a total of 30 ECTS (30 credits according to the European system of Credit transfer).
The possibility of continuing with the training in DMT exists for those who have finished the postgraduate diploma and passed a tutorial with the course coordination.
- To give a wide introduction to DMT for professionals of psychology, pedagogy, medicine, social work, occupational therapists, dance and movement teachers, etc.
- To offer basic knowledge about DMT.
- Integrate aspects of DMT into the student’s field of work, such as health and education (observation and analysis of movement, group dynamics, psychotherapeutic theories, etc.).
- Know the basic pillars of DMT theory and practice.
- Integrate aspects of DMT for professionals in psychology, pedagogy, medicine, social work, occupational therapy, dance and movement teaching, etc.
mín. 10 – máx. 20
Once the course is complete, people will be placed on a waiting list.
The new regulations of the UAB are being applied. Only those students who have completed their university degree correspdoning a batchelor or diploma or a coruse equivalent to180 ECTs (European Credits) can enrole for the master’s degree.
POSTGRADUATE (30 ECTS)*
- Ten weekends: once a month Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 am. to 7:00 pm.
- An intensive week in summer: An intensive week in summerevery day from 9:00 am. to 7:00 pm. (first week in July).
A European Credit (ECTS)* equals 28 hours, some of which are held in class, others doing homework, exams, readings, etc.
This course is aimed at applicants holding a Bachelor’s Degree and professionals of psychology, pedagogy and medicine and other graduates or professionals with experience in dance and/or expressive movement.
- To be able to read English without many difficulties.
- To undertake a personal psychotherapeutic process during the course.
- All applicants need to attend an introductory course
- An oral and movement interview
Pre-enrollment and registration take place at the Escola de Posgrau of the UAB
Escola de Postgrau (UAB)
Fee for Postgraduate diploma 2.500€
The amounts of the registration will be made within these deadlines:
- Pre-inscription: 30,21€ * (not included in the price of tuition)
- Postgraduate Degree 2017/18 enrollement fee: 2500€ **
The possibility exists to continue with the mater’s programmer if the fulfilments for the postgraduate degree have been achieved satisfactorily. In this case a tutorial with the team is organized. The student has to fulfill with he regulations for acces for master programmes at the UAB: normativa d’accés a màsters propis de la UAB The students who access the master through adaptation from the postgraduate diploma pay the following fee: 3.075 €. This fee needs to pay with two payments during 2016/17.
*The fee for pre-inscription is 30,21 €. It is a university tax and can be refunded.
**The fee for the first year needs to be paid in one single payment.In case you want to pass the master, you can split the amount of the enrollment in the second course.
NOTE: The enrollement fee does not include the therapeutic proecc the student has to follow during his/her training. During the postgraduate degree the therapeutic process is strongly recommended but not compulsory.
MONDAY & THURSDAY: 14h00 - 16h00 Edifici Agora Plaça Cívica
Reception 1st floor
08193 Bellaterra (Barcelona)
MASTER IN DMT
UAB is a leading university providing quality teaching in a wide variety of courses that meet the needs of society and are adapted to the new models of the Europe of Knowledge. Our courses provide students with outstanding practical experience, helping them to be better prepared as they enter the professional world. UAB is internationally renowned for its quality and innovation in research. © 2017 Master in Dance Movement Therapy - Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona